Friday, June 1, 2012

28 Weeks Post - The Wash and Rebraid: Nursing and Washing Hair--WHEW!

Hey guys! The little one is asleep and I had a three hour nap this afternoon, so I'm awake and ready to go wit a new post!

Soooo....I undid my braids in the FRONT of my hair only (remember the back is in plaits with my own hair), coated the hair with V05 Moisture Milks conditioner, detangled, and washed all of my hair yesterday morning in the shower with my Creme of Nature Kiwi and Citrus (I was going to take a texture shot but...i kind of forgot! Next two weeks, I promise!). I then used Organic Root Stimulator's Deep Penetrating Conditioner and coated all of my hair with that. I did a few chores, nursed my newborn, then washed it out about 3 hours later. I would normally prefer 45 minutes (the recommended amount of time), but I'm and on-demand feeding supply, lol.

Anywho, after I rinsed out the deep conditioner, I added a little Aveeno leave-in to all of the hair, put the front of my hair in two ponytails to airdry. Once dry, I used As I Am twist cream to braid up my hair. The braiding probably took 3-4 hours all together (without all of the nursing and naps in between). Remember, I'm a novice braider. This is only the second time I have ever braided my hair. The braids are getting better I think, but I need to work on my parting. Here's the results:


Gosh I have a big head, lol. 

I think it came out better with the twist cream. They are neater. But that might have to do with the size of the braids. Anywho, I'm happy! I still have a few plaits to redo in the back that are HUGE because I got lazy, lol. Oh! And I have a half wig that I think will go perfectly with the braided front. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! I think I'm going to survive this transitioning for the long haul!

      Delete