Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Transitioning with a Newborn Update

Whew! It has been one SERIOUS week. And you know I must love my hair because I just gave birth to my little Ethan on May 12, 2012 and here I am back on the hair blog! I want to make this short and sweet because I do have a newborn to care for so here goes.

I have had NO time to do my hair. I finally washed it two days ago in that same plaited style I showed you in my last post and am in the process of rebraiding it. Breastfeeding a newborn and transitioning is tough, so I probably won't change my hair unless one of my family members coming in town to see the baby offers to do it. Here's my hair after I had Ethan. I put my phony afro puff on that day. I'm using Aveeno leave-in for moisture every few days.

Similar style at 41 weeks pregnant (not my favorite pic of myself, but focus on the hair, lol):

I had an appointment with the pediatrician this morning and I STILL have not finished rebraiding it. It's super fuzzy and crazy looking. So here is the style I threw together to run out the door. I unbraided the one braid in the front, threw on a beanie and ran! Little Ethan almost made me late! I didn't even wear makeup (first time in years I've been in public with none on). I should have undone that ponytail in the back where the bump is. Next time!

Again, my hairstyle throughout the next 5-6 months will NOT change much. I will keep it braided with my own hair, wash in braids every week, and rebraid (rebraid the front every week, and rebraid the back every 3-4 weeks). I will keep you posted on my progress! And I'm sure you are all curious, so here he is: the newest love of our lives!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your son!

    I have just discovered your blog and would like to follow it. Will you be adding a 'Follow This Blog' widget or adding BlogLovin so I can follow your future posts?

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! I forgot about thst. Will add!

    ReplyDelete