Saturday, June 23, 2012

31 Weeks Post: New Product and Taming My Transitioning 4b Bun

Hello all! I'm so excited, I can't even contain myself! I have been having soooo many issues wrangling my hair into a bun without it looking like a helmet on my head. I really don't like using gel on my hair because it just leads to massive buildup for me, no matter how little I use. I have tried water and gel, oil and gel, water and oil and gel, conditioner and gel, oil and conditioner and gel...well you get the picture.

Anywho, none of those worked for me, and I figured that since I figured it out, I should share for those of you 4b transitioners out there that cannot tame your wild side; namely your natural roots. So here's what I did.

I took out my bun and separated it into three sections with the intention of just moisturizing my roots, but I was suddenly hit my a determination to tame my bun. I separated the front and gave myself what I call a halo braid in the front. I moisturized the front section and put it in a ponytail to moisturize the middle and back. But I realized the front section fit into a flatter ponytail much easier than my hair altogether. Inspiration struck! Why not do the same with the middle and back and see if they hold better?


So, I proceeded to moisturize the middle and attached it to the front ponytail with another ponytail holder.

Then I did the same with the back, bunned all the hair as usual...


And...

Voila! A much flatter bun with a little flair. Just add hair accessories and poof! Instant cuteness if I do say so myself.



Oh, and all of the moisturizing was done with Shea Moisture's Hair Milk. Yes. I know. I said I hate Shea Moisture products, but so many girls on my favorite hair forum LHCF seemed to love this particular product which I hadn't tried. I couldn't help myself and bought it only to be pleasantly surprised at the wonderful softness it left in my natural roots. I sealed with Africa's Best Herbal Oil as usual as well. Well that's all for today. I think I'll do this same hairstyle next week as well. Hope this helps a fellow 4b transitioner!

No comments:

Post a Comment