Sunday, May 6, 2012

Product Chat: Conditioners

Alright folks. Let's have a chat about my conditioners. I talk about what I do to my transitioning 4b hair, but I also want to make sure I note what products I'm using and how I'm using them. Here's something you will quickly realize about me: I REFUSE to get rid of any inexpensive products. Any conditioners that don't work for me get added to the pre-shampoo detangling conditioners. I haven't yet met a conditioner that doesn't add a little slip to the hair when thoroughly coating the strands. If that doesn't work, there's always adding a little extra virgin olive oil to it for a little assistance. (Note: Misting sections of dry hair with a little water before adding conditioner helps with the detangling process).

Anyway, I finally bought some much-needed conditioners so I'm not just limited to what I currently have: the Cantu leave-in (good for blow-drying, but not sure how it works in air-dried hair) and Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat (very thick and creamy, but I think it leaves my hair more coated than moisturized).

I haven't yet used the Cantu leave-in again since I stopped straightening my hair. It worked really well when I blow-dried my hair because it always left my hair moisturized instead of dried out. The Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat I've only used once on dry hair since I found it about a week ago in the back of my cabinet. I thought it left my hair moisturized, but I'm starting to realize that it may have just left my strands coated with product instead (adding to the pre-poo pile! There's not much left anywho).

I'm just about out of the Shea Moisture conditioner that I've been using as a pre-poo since I discovered its drying qualities on my hair. Since then, I bought Organic Root Stimulator Deep Penetrating conditioner (for use as a deep conditioner), Aveeno leave-in (for use as leave-in and light daily moisture), and a V05 Moisture Milk Passion Fruit (for use as a rinse-out conditioner).

Unfortunately I can't properly review the three new products right now since my hair is in the braids, but in about two weeks when I take them out I'll review the Organic Root Stimulator and the Aveeno leave-in. Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment