Friday, May 4, 2012

Week 24: Wash Day and New Style

Alright! Finally made it to another wash day yesterday. I went a little different this time, plaiting in nine plaits this time and leaving them in while washing again with Creme of Nature Shampoo. Note: bad idea for me to wash in plaits. I wasn't able to get all of the product out of the length of my hair with it in braids, but that may just be because I didn't squeeze the shampoo through the braids enough.

Anywho, I took out the plaits one by one and used the tension method to blow dry my natural roots and the demarcation line, replaited, tied my hair down with a satin scarf, and air dried the rest of the way overnight. I undid the plaits this morning and decided to put in individual plaits with my own hair and braid the front. I'm not good at braiding and plaiting, so this took five hours, but I'm sure I'll get faster with regular practice. Here are the results.

Starting Plaits
End Results



I like it! I will be happy if this style lasts two weeks. I will still wash them the best I can with a stocking cap on once per week., maybe three if I'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment