Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Week....???? Just Trying to Make it

Well, I'm just kidding about the weeks...kind of. I had to go back and count actually. I'm 41 weeks into my transition as of today and it feels...awful to be honest. I've finally found some time to post, since my little one finally slept the longest he's ever gone: 7 hours! I feel wonderfully rested this morning! I wasn't able to conditioner wash my hair mid-week like I said I would, but I have been consistently washing every Friday night and styling Saturday morning.

Anywho, I finally found somewhat of a solution to the tangling and breakage, which is apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinses. I shampoo and rinse, then spray my hair with a bottle of 3-parts-water-1-part-ACV mix and apply V05 conditioner over that. I let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes while I shower, then detangle lightly with a shower comb and rinse. Again, this only cuts down on the tangling, but it does not rid me of the problem. Unless you have incredibly strong hair, I don't think there is a way to safely avoid tons of breakage while transitioning as a 4b unless you keep your hair braided, whether in braids or in a sew-in weave. Since I cannot afford braids at the moment, and I despise sew-ins on me unless they look INCREDIBLY real (which I also cannot afford), I'm a bit SOL.

However, I called my stylist last night and left a message for her to call me. I've lost entirely too much hair to turn back, but I really don't want to cut my hair either. I'm hoping I can just get it blow-dried and straightened and get a deep trim. As long as I can put it in a ponytail, I'll be happy.

Despite my frantic worrying, I have managed to keep it stylin' even with all of the breakage. I'm working with what I've got. Here is a picture of my hair today:


No comments:

Post a Comment